Monday, December 15, 2014

The last few days

Well Dad has been home a few days now. I've had to keep my distance as I've had the lurgy and haven't wanted to give it Dad. We ring each other several times a day and I've nipped in briefly a few times. He's doing ok. He gets very tired so spends his day reading his book, having a sleep, watching TV, having a sleep and still manages a good 10 or 11 hours sleep at night. They do say sleep is a great healer !

He says he's lost his taste buds so doesn't fancy anything ... I'm tempting him with things and he keeps saying "nah don't fancy that". He's got a box of Thorntons that someone has bought for him and he says even chocolate tastes funny - how can chocolate taste funny !!! I've told him that it will come back in time.  I've offered take him the pub one night and I know his friends have said the same but he says he doesn't fancy a beer yet ! This will probably be the first alcohol free Christmas he's had in many years !

He's not really been out yet, other than nipping round a neighbours. He did announce this morning that he'd thought about going to Newcastle on the bus today !!!! Errrr I don't think so. He said "I was going to tell you before I went", like that makes it alright ! I've told him he needs to start off slowly. A walk around the cul-de-sac, a walk to the newsagents, and then slowly build up to walk to the village ... not first time outing a bus trip into Newcastle.

Many thanks to those that ring and call to see Dad. 

I will continue to update the blog on Dad's progress, just might not be as often as I was doing before. Dad hasn't read any of what I've been writing about him yet. It'll take him a good while read through it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment